YouTube Profile Picture Size report
The YouTube profile picture is the primary icon representing a user or brand and will be seen by others when the user or brand comments or likes other videos. The YouTube profile picture is not as prominent on other social platforms, but it is still essential. Many YouTube profile pictures are automatically generated from a user's linked Google account photo.
An attractive YouTube profile picture can give other YouTube users an excellent first impression. It can also attract potential subscribers and active viewers to your channel.
If you have just opened a new YouTube account or activated a YouTube channel and want to set up a profile picture so that you or your brand can be recognized, this is easy to do. It is also straightforward if you already have a YouTube account but want to change your profile picture. This article will talk about the correct YouTube profile picture size and how to design a profile picture.
YouTube profile picture size guide
YouTube has become the second-largest social media globally, and more and more creative people have started their businesses on YouTube and gained commercial success and fame. YouTube is home to billions of users, which means that competition's stiff. You need great content, but you also need a great profile to let more people know you.
YouTube Profile Picture Size
Your YouTube channel profile image is uploaded to a square format but displays a circle throughout the site. Keep this in mind when choosing a profile picture, and make sure that it crops in a way that communicates your image, logo, or brand.
If your channel is connected with a Google Account, then changing your YouTube channel profile image will automatically adjust your Google Account profile image to match. The following are profile picture size limits you should keep in mind.
- The ideal size for your channel profile image is 800px by 800px, a 1:1 aspect ratio.
- YouTube will automatically resize your profile image to be displayed at 98px by 98px.
- Regarding the profile image format, profile Pictures support JPG, PNG, BMP, and GIF formats with a maximum file size of 2 MB.
Keep in mind, your YouTube channel icon shows up in multiple locations (channel page, video comments, related channels, search results, etc.), so it's super important to size correctly.
Free tools For YouTube Profile Picture Design
- Adobe Spark: It features a 1:1 square canvas to get started with making your profile image. Please browse through our library of templates to ignite your imagination. Use the Adobe Spark Logo Maker to create a logo for your page that you can use as your profile image. The logo maker tool makes designing a logo incredibly easy and empowering so you can create a logo identity that perfectly captures what your channel is all about.
- PicMonkey's Crop tool: Crop an image to the correct YouTube profile size of this tool. You only need to follow the steps: open your image in PicMonkey; click Crop Canvas in the Edits menu on the left; use the Aspect ratio drop-down menu to select "YouTube Channel Icon."; then position the crop frame where you want it and click Apply.
How To change YouTube Profile Picture
Suppose you're using a personal YouTube account. Your YouTube channel icon can be the same as your Gmail profile image. To alter your icon (without changing your Gmail image), you need to create a Brand Account. Changing the YouTube profile picture on different login devices requires additional steps. It is no longer possible to change the profile picture or cover picture by regular operations from the YouTube app.
Change Profile Picture on PC
Log in to your account, click on your profile picture, select "Your Channel" from the displayed menu, and click Camera to appear in your profile picture on the new page. Then you can find the button to change the profile picture smoothly.
Change Profile Picture on mobile phone
If you want to change your profile picture on YouTube on your mobile device, you must start the operation from the browser. As mentioned above, Google no longer allows users to perform this operation from the app.
You need to open the homepage of the browser service, log in to your YouTube account, and then activate the desktop view of the site. Then you can find the icons to change and upload the profile picture smoothly.
Change Profile Picture on Gmail
By default, when you set a profile picture for your account for the first time, your Gmail account will be automatically linked to your YouTube account. Therefore, changing your Gmail display picture also means changing your YouTube profile picture.
You can do this through the Gmail mobile application. If you use a PC or Mac to log in to the Gmail application, you can click on your profile picture to find the replacement button. You can also use your browser to change your profile picture.
More YouTube image sizes
|Social media image type||Dimensions in pixels|
|YouTube Banner / Channel Art||2560 x 1440|
|YouTube Thumbnail||1280 x 720|
|YouTube Channel Icon||800 x 800|
|YouTube Intro||1920 x 1080|
|YouTube Outro||1920 x 1080|
|YouTube Display Ad||300 x 250|
|YouTube Display Ad Long||300 x 60|
|YouTube Overlay Ad||480 x 70|