U-Haul Truck Size report
Founded in 1945, U-Haul is the largest moving and storage leasing company in North America, headquartered in Phoenix, Arizona. Its service scope covers car rental, moving services and warehousing services, etc. It provides trucks of different sizes and various moving tools, ranging from tape, scissors, cardboard boxes to human carts and U-Boxes. They also have warehouses for rent and 24-hour self-service. Users can enter the park at any time to pick up their items.
Speaking of U-HAUL, I believe many people have heard of it. Whether on a highway, on the side of the street, or at a gas station, you can often see large or small trucks with the big U-HAUL printed on their bodies. If you are also considering moving, U-Haul maybe your best helper.
Knowing U-Haul truck size and price regulations in advance will help you quickly choose the truck service you need and save your time and money. The following article provides U-Haul truck size guidelines and explains how to rent the right U-Haul truck.
U-Haul Truck Size Guide
U-Haul has nearly 20,000 outlets in the United States. The target users are people who need to move. You can often see U-Haul’s vans or trucks on the road. What is the best moving truck size for your move? The following simple rental truck size comparison chart provides detailed moving truck dimensions. Check the chart below to determine the best moving truck size for your needs.
What Fits into a Truck
|Home Size||Small Loads / Studio Apt||Studio Apt / Deliveries||Studio / 1 Bedroom Home||1 / 2 Bedroom Home||2 / 3 Bedroom Home||3-4 Bedroom Home|
|Equivalent Storage Size||5' x 10' x 8'||5' x 10' x 8'||5' x 10' x 8'||10' x 10' x 8'||10' x 15' x 8'||10' x 20' x 8'|
|U-Box Size Comparison||1||2||3||4||5||6|
U-Haul Truck Size & Dimensions
|Equivalent Truck Sizes||Interior Length, Width, Height||Deck Height From Ground||Deck Length||Volume||Gross Vehicle Weight|
|6', 7', 8'||7'10" x 5'2" x 1'9"||3'||7'10"||Open Bed||6,700 lbs. max|
|7', 8', 9'||9'6" x 5'7" x 4'8"||2'5"||9'6"||245 cu. ft.||9,000 lbs. max|
|9', 10'||9'11" x 6'4" x 6'2"||2'5"||9'11"||402 cu. ft.||8,600 lbs. max|
|11', 12', 13', 14', 15'||15' x 7'8" x 7'2"||2'10"||12'5"||764 cu. ft.||14,500 lbs. max|
|16', 17', 18', 19', 20'||19'6" x 7'8" x 7'2"||2'11"||16'10"||1016 cu. ft.||14,500 lbs. max|
|21', 22', 23', 24', 25', 26'||26'2" x 8'2" x 8'3"||2'11"||23'5"||1682 cu. ft.||25,999 lbs. max|
|Mom's Attic||EZ Load Ramp||Seats for Adults|
|2'6" x 7'8" x 2'7"||Yes||3|
|2'6" x 7'8" x 2'7"||Yes||3|
|2'8" x 8'2" x 3'3"||Yes||3|
U-Haul moving vehicles are simply divided into the following categories:
- Trucks: U-Haul's most basic means of moving, most people will choose large-capacity and straightforward trucks.
- U-Box Container: This is a container for your temporary storage. It can usually be filled from half a room to a room. If you are still unsure of the destination, you can put the things in the U-Box first and then put them in their warehouse, and after the address is determined, they will be shipped there. U-box is also a good choice if you can store things temporarily during school, spring or summer vacation, or just graduated.
- Trailers: The price is much lower than renting a truck.
- Towing: Fix the car on this towing bracket, and it can be towed away.
How to Choose the Right U-Haul Moving Truck
Choosing the right size U-Haul moving truck is one of the most important things for safe and happy DIY moving. If the truck you rent is too small, you may have to spend twice as much time and money. You must either rent an extra truck or discard inappropriate items, which are particularly inconvenient and expensive. To decide the right size U-Haul moving truck, start by checking the most important things as follows:
Step1 How much stuff do you have?
The number of bedrooms you are moving will help determine what size moving truck rental to select. You should check room by room before moving and list the main furniture you own, including oversized items such as beds, sofas, dining tables, and any items that cannot be packed in boxes. It would be best if you also determined your moving distance. For in-town moves, you may be more likely to pack fewer things and place them in the truck lose.
Choose the truck size by the number of bedrooms, the simplest and easiest method for determining what size you need. If the rooms in your home have a lot of furniture, you must assume that it will take up more space.
Step2 Check the U-Haul App or website
Download the U-Haul app, or make an appointment on the uhaul.com website, and you need an account. Choose the time required to rent a car and pick up time and location. Please directly select the maximum 24 hours for the rental time. The price is the same whether you choose 1 hour or 24 hours.
Before the checkout, there will be other options, such as cart tools and cartons for moving furniture or heavy objects, and even porter services, car rental insurance, or towing services, but they are not mandatory options.
More Tips for U-Haul Truck Rental
- Using U-Haul Truck Share to reserve your moving truck will give you the freedom to move on your time. Self-Pick-Up and Self-Return options are available for your ultimate convenience.
- Don’t forget about the items outside, such as bikes, propane grills, and patio furniture. A trailer can be available if necessary.
- When in doubt, opt for the larger moving truck rental.
- If the moving distance is too far, the gas cost will also be a big expense.
- If you do not have experience in driving a truck before, do not choose U-Haul.
- The available parking location is too far away from the house, do not choose U-Haul.