Twitter is an American social network dedicated to serving public dialogue. Twitter allows users to update messages with no more than 280 characters. Twitter is described as the message service on the Internet. Since 2006, Twitter has gradually become famous all over the world.
More and more people value the influence of social media. When you create great visual content on social media for your brand, many things to do. Most importantly, it would be best if you made your social media pictures the correct size.
As the second-largest social media globally, Twitter also adds more visual elements to the core Twitter service. Users can use images in multiple locations on Twitter, including header photo banners, profile pictures, and share images directly in the feed. Twitter's current layout gives some different options for displaying images. Twitter fluidly adjusts for different displays, and it's flexible enough to deal with desktops as well as mobiles.
Twitter Image Size Matter
Have you been aware of Twitter image size limits? If you have never paid attention to your homepage design like some unknown brands, your marketing will not achieve the results you expect. Optimizing your Twitter profile by including the right Twitter banner size is a powerful yet often overlooked way. Here are some reasons why you should learn more about the correct Twitter image sizes.
- It avoids pixelation and awkward image stretching. And avoiding that keeps your images looking professional.
- Your photos will be optimized for each social channel's feed. It can help increase engagement.
- It ensures your audience sees the entire picture. Incorrect sizing could cut off some of your brand's messaging.
Twitter Image Size Guide
To make sure your Twitter profile picture does not interfere with your header photo is more complicated than you think. That's because the position of your profile picture about the cover photo changes depending on your device and screen's resolution.
The Twitter profile photo is the primary image that represents you or your brand across the network. Whether a potential fan or your followers, they will see your profile photo on the site, so it is essential to upload a high-quality image.
- Square Image recommended 400 x 400 pixels.
- Maximum file size 5 MB.
- Image types include: JPG or PNG.
Twitter Banner Size
If your Twitter banner sizes are off, you look unprofessional. It is a waste of excellent space that could be used for marketing. In this article, we're going to share some Twitter banner sizes guidelines so you can make it work for you. In addition to the Twitter banner sizes guidelines, we're going to tell you precisely what you can do to create a Twitter banner that looks good.
- The header photo recommended dimensions are 1500 x 500px, which has an aspect ratio of 3:1.
- Cover photos can be in any of the following formats: JPG, GIF, or PNG. Keep in mind that Twitter does not support animated GIFs for profile or header images.
- Twitter recommends that profile photos and banner image file sizes should be under 2MB.
- Leave ample space on the bottom left corner to account for the profile picture.
- Leave some room at the top and bottom of your header photo.
Twitter Post Size
Twitter users can attach photos to any of their Tweets. Depending on whether you’re attaching one photo, multiple, or sharing a link, the way photos crop and display in stream will vary slightly. We prioritize Twitter images on mobile. According to a survey, 85% of the time Twitter users spent on Twitter happened on a mobile device.
- Image from a Tweet with shared link: 1200 x 628 pixels
- Tweet sharing a single photo: the most recommended size is 1200 x 675 pixels, but most images with standard aspect ratios will not be cropped
- Tweet sharing two photos: 700 x 800 pixels (both photos)
- Tweet sharing three images: Left image: 700 x 800 pixels, right photos: 1200 x 686 pixels
- Tweet sharing four photos: 1200 x 600 pixels (per image)
- The recommended aspect ratio is 16:9, and four is the maximum number of images available on one Tweet.
Twitter image sizes for ads
The size and dimensions of images for Twitter ads vary according to the type of ad you’re running. It also depends on the objective and placement you select for your ad. Here are a few recommended Twitter ad dimensions:
- Single and multi-image tweets: Minimum 600 x 335 pixels, but use larger images for the best results.
- Website card image: 800 x 418 pixels for 1.91:1 aspect ratio. 800 x 800 for 1:1 aspect ratio. Max file size of 20MB.
- App card image: 800 x 800 pixels for 1:1 aspect ratio. 800 x 418 pixels for 1.91:1 aspect ratio. Max file size of 3MB.
- Carousels: 800 x 800 pixels for 1:1 aspect ratio. 800 x 418 pixels for 1.91:1 aspect ratio. Max file size of 20MB for 2-6 image cards.
- Direct Message card: 800 x 418 pixels for 1.91:1 aspect ratio. Max file size of 3MB.
- Conversation card: 800 x 418 pixels for 1.91:1 aspect ratio. Max file size of 3MB.
Tweets that include images get more click-throughs, more likes, and more Retweets than non-image Tweets. It proves that choosing the right pictures and creating great visual content for Twitter matters. And that includes getting Twitter image sizes right. The following is a size table for Twitter images you should know.
|Twitter Image||Recommended Size||Minimum Image Size||Maximum File Size||Recommended Aspect Ratio||Supported Formats|
|Profile photos||400 x 400 px||200 x 200 px||5 MB||1:1||JPG or PNG|
|Header photos||1500 x 500px||3:1||JPG, GIF, or PNG|
|In-stream photos||1600 x 900 px||600 x 335 px||5 MB for photos and GIFs on mobile, 15 MB on the web||2:1 and 1:1 on desktop, 2:1, 3:4 and 16:9 on mobile||GIF, JPG and PNG|
|Fleets image||1080 x 1920 px|
|Single and multi-image tweets||600 x 335 px|
|Website card image|| 800 x 418 px / 800 x 800 px||20 MB||1.91:1 / 1:1|
|App card image||800 x 418 px / 800 x 800 px||4 MB||1.91:1 / 1:1|
|Carousels ads||800 x 418 px / 800 x 800 px||1.91:1 / 1:1|
|Direct Message card||800 x 418 px||3 MB||1.91:1|
|Conversation card||800 x 418 px||3 MB||1.91:1|