LinkedIn Picture Size report
Although LinkedIn does not value images like Instagram or Pinterest, users can still upload high-quality images to LinkedIn. LinkedIn is essential for B2B companies. LinkedIn is a professional network for industry leaders, so you are unlikely to find funny cats or prank pictures.
When you use LinkedIn for business, whether via your profile or a company page, pairing your LinkedIn updates with images has consistently been shown to increase comments and sharing. LinkedIn also acts as a centralized resume for global workers, so profile pictures are more important than any other network. It is essential to grasp the size and appearance of the profile image correctly.
LinkedIn officially allows users to upload an image up to 4MB in size, but what matters is the image's dimensions. The current design works best if you upload an image that is a perfect square, at 200 pixels x 200 pixels. The article will explain details about different Linkedln picture sizes you should know.
LinkedIn Picture Size Guide
If your image isn't square, you can crop it after uploading it in Linkedln, but you will have more control over how you size and crop your picture if you prepare it first before uploading it.
LinkedIn profile picture size
It would be best to keep in mind that profile pictures usually appear as circles, so you need to ensure that the picture's important part appears in the central area. The official dimensions and specifications of the LinkedIn profile picture are the following:
- Recommended upload size is 400 x 400 px to 20,000 x 20,000 px.
- The minimum upload size is 200 x 200 px.
- The most recommended aspect ratio is 1:1.
- The maximum file size is 10MB.
- Accept file types include .JPG, .GIF, .PNG.
LinkedIn profile cover photos size
LinkedIn personal background pictures cover a long skinny area. Sometimes it may not be easy to find an image that fits the area. Cover photos are cropped differently on mobile and desktop. Make sure to view your profile on both kinds of display before finalizing. The official size of LinkedIn's background image is:
- Recommended upload size is 1584 x 396 pixels.
- The maximum file size is 4MB
- File types: .JPG, .GIF, .PNG.
- Make sure your file is smaller than 8MB.
LinkedIn photo size for company pages
Just as an individual has a profile picture, a company will also have its logo. Both images appear in similar locations, although the logo is square on the company profile page.
You should upload two versions of the logo. The larger one is your standard company logo, which appears in the title of your company profile page and in the list of "companies you may want to follow." The smaller logo is the brand image displayed when users search for a company. The official size and specifications of the LinkedIn company logo are:
- Company logo size: 300 x 300 pixels
- Page cover image size: 1128 x 191 pixels
- Life tab main image size: 1128 x 376 pixels
- Life tab custom modules image size: 502 x 282 pixels
- Life tab company photos image size: 900 x 600 pixels
- Square logo: At least 60 x 60 pixels
More tips for image sizes of company pages:
- When posting image updates to your company page, make sure to use PNG or JPG images.
- An aspect ratio of 1.91:1., 1200 x 628 px image is ideal.
- This LinkedIn image sizing also applies to LinkedIn Showcase pages.
LinkedIn Stories image sizes
You can save individual posts from your Story within 24 hours of publishing the LinkedIn Story or share LinkedIn Stories with any of your first-degree connections via LinkedIn Messaging.
- Aspect ratio: 9:16
- Resolution: 1080 x 1920 pixels
- File types: JPEG and PNG
LinkedIn image size for sharing links
- The recommended custom image size for a sharing link in an update is also 1200 x 627 pixels.
- The image should use a 1.91:1 ratio, and the minimum width is 200 pixels. If the image width is less than 200 pixels wide, it will appear as a thumbnail on the left side of the post.
If you’re unable to upload a photo to your profile, please ensure that the photo file meets these specifications:
- The maximum file size is 8MB.
- Profile photo: Pixel size is between 400 (w) x 400 (h) pixels and 7680 (w) x 4320 (h) pixels. We recommend adding a photo that won't require much cropping.
- Background photo: Recommended pixel dimensions are 1584 (w) x 396 (h) pixels. Learn more about adding or editing background photos.
- The file type must be PNG or JPG. Keep in mind that Linkedln does support GIFs.
If it still doesn't upload, try again using a different browser. If that doesn't work, follow the instructions below to compress and save your profile photo as a PNG file and then upload it to your profile. Stick to the recommended sizes above for best results. And always make sure to look at your profile and content on multiple devices before finalizing.