If you spend a lot of marketing budget on Google display ads, you need to know which banner sizes are most effective in generating impressions, clicks, and final sales. Google display advertising can help you find new audiences and re-target existing audiences. It is a good marketing approach, and the cost is relatively lower than other advertising marketing methods.
Images are an integral part of advertising on the Google Display Network. There are more than 40 image ad sizes available, so creating Google display ads may dazzle you. If you choose the wrong banner size, it will limit the reach of your campaign. Because of the high cost of creating Google display ads, it is recommended that you focus on adequate ad size before placing Google display ads.
Remember that Google Display Network provides ads in various sizes and placements if you want to start a marketing campaign on Google Ads. Which Google display ad size is best for your business? Let’s take a look at some of the most common Google display ad sizes and advantages.
Common Google Display Ad Sizes
If you run Google ads of all the following sizes, your coverage on the Google Display Network will be comprehensive. In addition to the following sizes, there are other ad sizes and special sizes, but focusing on these available sizes will achieve better results.
Mobile Google Ad Size
- 300 x 250
- 250 x 250 – Square
- 200 x 200 – Small Square
- 320 x 100 – Large Mobile Banner: This Google display ad size is very suitable for mobile devices but not available on desktops and computers, this ad size works well, and its size is twice the size of standard mobile banner ads.
Computer Google Ad Size
- 250 x 250 – Square
- 200 x 200 – Small Square
- 160 x 600 – Wide Skyscraper
- 970 x 90 – Large Leaderboard
- 468 x 60 – Banner: When your potential customers browse, the first thing they see on the website is the banner, where your ads can satisfy them. Banners are all over the top of the page, and they can attract more audiences to start your remarketing efforts.
- 300 x 250 – Medium Rectangle: Google ads of this size are very suitable for use on mobile devices and desktop computers because they can quickly adapt to all types of devices. Because of its versatility, it is also a commonly used advertising size.
- 336 x 280 – Large Rectangle: Similar to the medium rectangle ads above, the large rectangle ads work well on desktop computers, but they cannot be used on mobile devices due to their large size. Its shape is the same as the medium rectangular advertisement.
- 728 x 90 – Leaderboard: This Google ad is placed at or near the top of the website. Before scrolling down to read the website's content, the ad will immediately attract the user's attention.
- 300 x 600 – Half-Page Ad: This advertisement type is a larger advertisement, which provides enough space to convey information. Because the size is large enough, the user will stay in the line of sight for longer while browsing the web.
More Google Display Ad Sizes
- 234 x 60 – Half-Banner Ad: If you are looking for smaller but powerful ads, half-banner ads can meet your needs. The size is shorter and the space for text becomes smaller, but it can subtly guide the viewer to your website and services with powerful images.
- 120 x 240: Similar to the size of half-banner ads, vertical banner ads only occupy a narrow space.
- 180 x 150: Rectangle ads usually generate clicks, while small rectangle ads have the least impact in display ads. They can hold compact pages and are cheaper due to lower competition.
- 970 x 250 – Billboard: As Google’s largest horizontal ad size, billboard ads stand out at the top of the page. They can be located in different places on the website, but when they are above the content, they can get the best visibility. If you want to put a lot of text in your ad, the billboard ad will provide the best spacing.
Medium Rectangle (300×250), Large Rectangle (336×280), Leaderboard (728×90), Half Page (300×600), and Large Mobile Banner (320×100) are the most common Google display ad size. You can upload image ads to Google as GIF, JPG, and PNG when you are finished and make sure they are under 150KB. Although these five ad sizes are more popular, other size changes can work well and ensure that you place ads on as many placements as possible.
Tips For Design Google Display Ads
Display ads should be visually striking, with carefully crafted text, just the right mix of fonts, color, graphics, and maybe even animation. They’re great for raising your brand awareness and when used for remarketing purposes. When creating an image ad on Google, it is essential to note that the maximum file size is 1024KB, and only the following formats are accepted:
- JPEG format
- GIF (The length of the animation needs to be less than or equal to 30 seconds and less than five frames per second.)
If the image format is different, does not meet the size parameter, or is larger than 1024KB, it cannot be uploaded to the Google Ads account.
Make sure that the image ads you make are visually attractive enough and easy to read. Try to put yourself in the target audience's position is a great way to make great ads.