Facebook is the world's leading photo-sharing website, and its influence is well known. Nowadays, more and more companies are starting to focus on the promotion of Facebook. Therefore, it is essential to create a Facebook page with commercial value. When users enter your Facebook homepage, they see the overall design of the avatar, poster, and homepage. These factors determine to a certain extent whether customers continue to read or leave the page.
When it comes to a cover for your Facebook page, most people only pick a photo and plop it in the cover spot. That is okay for a personal account. Your Facebook banner says a lot about your page. One that's not the right size can look messy and give a disorganized look to your business page. That's not the best impression you want to share.
We have the information about the best Facebook banner size to set your page on the right path. Today, let us first learn about how to set the cover banner and the correct banner size.
Facebook Banner Guide
Facebook is one of the most popular social media platforms, with more than 2.6 billion monthly active users. Facebook occupies the highest position on social media platforms. It is why companies use Facebook for marketing purposes. However, it would be best if you got the participation and attention of the right users. So how can you do this? There are some elements in this platform that need your attention. One of them is the Facebook banner or cover.
What is a Facebook banner or cover
The large rectangular part you see at the top of the Facebook page is called the Facebook banner or cover. That is one of the first things people see when they visit your page, which is why it's so essential to create the best first impression possible. If you use Facebook for your business and marketing purposes to attract more fans, Facebook banners play a vital role in achieving your goals.
The importance of Facebook banners
For some people, the Facebook cover photo is just the photo that adorns the top of the page. For others, this is a great way to increase your brand awareness and promote your business on the most commonly used social networks in the world.
Regardless of your opinion of Facebook, a well-designed and well-designed Facebook cover photo can help you take your page to new heights. A good Facebook banner can help attract new customers to join your business at a relatively low cost. Just some planning and design can help you achieve your goals.
Facebook Banner Types
Like any other social media, Facebook banner sizes have many different rules and standards. Differences in dimensions can be found in cover photos, personal profile photos, group covers, business pages, etc. We will try to introduce the most common types of Facebook banners that you should know.
- Facebook profile banner size: Your profile picture's dimensions should be a square with a Facebook banner picture size of 170 x 170 pixels.
- Facebook cover banner size: The actual Facebook cover banner size is 820 x 360, the contents of your banner should be centered and placed in the middle of the banner. And the regular Facebook banner size on the desktop is 820 x 312 pixels – since 24 pixels are cut out from both the upper and the lower parts of your banner.
- Facebook group banner size: The Facebook group banner size standard is 1640 pixels wide and 856 pixels tall.
- Facebook event banner size: Event banners are different from group banners. They could serve various purposes, including a previous event's photo showcase or an itinerary of this event. The recommended Facebook event page banner size is 1920 x 1005 pixels.
Facebook Banner Size
The ideal size for a Facebook banner is 820 pixels wide by 462 pixels high. But only knowing the size is not enough. You need to know more to make the best Facebook banner or cover. It would be best if you kept in mind that the Facebook banners will get shown when using a regular desktop, but mobile devices are working with different dimensions. As you can see above, there are different Facebook banner types, and we’ll list all of the previously mentioned banner sizes and their Facebook banner size inches. The conversion rate used in the list above was set to 96 pixels per 1 inch.
|Facebook banner type||Size||Size in inch|
|profile banner||170 x 170 px||1.77 x 1.77 inches|
|cover banner||820 x 360 px||8.54 x 3.75 inches|
|group banner||1640 x 856 px||17.08 x 8.92 inches|
|event banner||1920 x 1005 px||20 x 10.47 inches|
Facebook banner Size on mobile phones and desktops
- Facebook banner will display at a size of 820 pixels wide by 312 pixels tall on a computer and 640 pixels wide by 360 pixels tall on a mobile device.
- Facebook banner size ratio is 205:78 on desktops, while the ratio is very basic 16:9 on mobile phones. These two do not work well together, but the good news is that Facebook has not reduced the image quality too much.
- Setting the Facebook banner to 820×462 pixels can optimize the image to look good on both computers and smartphones. When you use this size, keep in mind that the top and bottom of the image will be cropped.
Facebook keeps changing the layout of business pages, and their adjustments may affect the appearance of your Facebook banner. The most important tip is always to follow the Facebook guidelines. The Facebook homepage is a platform that cannot be ignored. Paying attention to the details of the homepage design usually plays an unexpected role, which will make things different.