Now that the Apple Watch 7 is here. For the first time, shoppers will have 41mm and 45mm models to choose from. In 2020, Apple launched the new Apple Watch SE and the updated Apple Watch Series 6. In 2021, Apple 7 makes the Apple Watch product line as rich as the iPhone and iPad and meets different needs through differentiated configurations and pricing levels.
The Apple Watch sizes are a little confusing. It is the second time Apple has pulled a smartwatch size change. The Apple Watch 4 increased to 40mm and 44mm versions from the Apple Watch 3's 38mm and 42mm options. The Apple Watch 7 is positioned to become the best Apple Watch yet for users craving larger wrists now.
When we buy Apple Watch, the size, function, band size, price, etc. are all factors that need to be considered. How to choose the best Apple Watch size for you? The following article can provide you with some shopping suggestions. Let's go over how to measure your wrist and the key differences between the four sizes.
Apple Watch Size Guide
People come in various heights and weights, and tastes are different. Some women want bigger Apple Watches, and some men want smaller ones. Some people with small wrists want more oversized watches and vice versa. It means choosing the size you like. Try different Apple watches to see which one is more suitable for your wrist, style, and personality. After all, this is why Apple watches have a variety of sizes to choose from.
Apple Watch Series
- Apple Watch Series 3: 38mm and 42mm
- Apple Watch SE and Series 4, 5, 6: 40mm and 44mm
- Apple Watch Series 7: 41mm and 45mm
The new Apple Watch Series 7 moves to 41mm and 45mm case sizes, but Apple has confirmed that older bands will be compatible with the latest smartwatch. The Apple Watch Series 4 to Series 6 models come in 40mm and 44mm, including the Apple Watch SE, which remains on sale. You can still buy the older models like series 3 or lower with the 38mm and 42mm cases.
Apple Watch Case Size
Any Apple Watch has two different case sizes, and the size of the case directly determines the size of the display screen. But note that even though the screen sizes are different, their display content is zoomed in and out in the same proportion, but the graphics, buttons, and other elements are larger on the dial with a larger screen. Therefore, if you have a large wrist, choosing a larger case is more conducive to tapping operations. If you have a thin wrist and prefer small size, the small size case may be a good choice.
The rounded rectangular shape of the Apple Watch makes it hard to compare directly with the regular round watch. Still, neither Apple Watches would be considered overly wide or high in the traditional watch world. Big watches are typically closer to 45mm wide.
These measurements denote the case size, though the bands always play a role in the specific fit of the smartwatch on your wrist. Apple also takes its Watch measurement vertically instead of most other brands, which do so horizontally.
|Case Size||Case Width||Case Depth||Case Weight|
|Aluminum - 38mm||33.3mm||11.4mm||26.7g|
|Aluminum - 42mm||36.4mm||11.4mm||32.3g|
|Stainless Steel - 38mm||33.3mm||11.4mm||42.4g|
|Stainless Steel - 42mm||36.4mm||11.4mm||52.8g|
|White Ceramic - 38mm||34.0mm||11.8mm||40.1g|
|White Ceramic - 42mm||36.5mm||11.4mm||46.4g|
|Aluminum - 41mm||35mm||10.7mm||32g|
|Aluminum - 45mm||38mm||10.7mm||38.8g|
|Stainless Steel - 41mm||35mm||10.7mm||42.3g|
|Stainless Steel - 45mm||38mm||10.7mm||51.5g|
|Titanium - 41mm||35mm||10.7mm||37g|
|Titanium - 45mm||38mm||10.7mm||45.1g|
Apple Watch Band Types
- The sporty watchband is a good choice for daily use. The material is easy to dry, soft, and light, and there are many colors to choose from, which can be matched according to various factors such as your personality, clothing, and seasons.
- The leather band is made of leather. There are leather chain type, modern wind buckle type, loop type, and Hermès Single Tour, Double Tour, etc. The newly-launched leather chain band is fixed with a magnetic surround and is convenient to wear and take off.
- The business watchband is made of stainless steel. There are two styles: Milanese watchbands and chain watchbands.
Apple Watch Band Sizes
The product description in the Apple Online Store states the wrist size that the combination of band + case. While Apple's band options are constantly being updated, it's worth noting that some bands are size-specific, which you can check various available Apple Watch band size guide below. Although you can adjust an Apple Watch band, the case size must be determined before buying.
When you shop for Apple Watches bands now, you can choose between the 41mm and 45mm case sizes for compatibility. According to the company's advice, the 41mm bands should work for 38mm and 40mm cases, while the 45mm straps should work for 42m and 44mm cases. In other words, the new bands work with Apple Watch Series 3 and more recent, including the midrange Apple Watch SE. The best Apple Watch bands can make your smartwatch stand out from the rest. You can make the band look like a different accessory each day.
When choosing band size, you should consider how you currently wear a watch and how tight should an Apple Watch be on your wrist. The tightness of the band is an individual choice, and it depends on the material of the band as well.
How to Find the right Apple Watch size
Apple has launched each Apple Watch series in 2 sizes over the years. People are always confused about different Apple Watch sizes and the right size for you. There are some tips to know about how to measure your wrist and choose the right fit. The key to selecting the correct Apple Watch size is to choose the watch face you like and the correct strap size. The best way to choose the right band is to take a measuring tape and measure your wrist size to identify the one that fits.
Measure Your Wrist For Band Size
- With a soft measuring tape, wrap it around your wrist. If you don’t have one, any tape or piece of string can do the trick.
- Check the measurement. Add half a centimeter above the size to be more comfortable.
- If you’re using plain tape or string, mark the ends with a pen, flatten the tape on a hard surface and measure it with a ruler.
Tips for getting the best Apple Watch Size
- Once you know your wrist size, it’s time to pick the right fit for your wrist. The official website offers an easy Apple Watch sizing guide on every product page. Or just go to an Apple store and try on all sizes.
- Divide the wrist circumference by the case model. For example, the wrist circumference is 170mm and the case diameter is 44mm, this value is 170/44 = 3.86.
- If the value is between 4-5, the case fits better. A value lower than four indicates that the Apple Watch case may be too large for your wrist.
- Your watch shouldn’t restrict your blood flow. But if the band is too big, the watch can spin around your wrist and even fall off. All the smart devices in Apple Watch need to be in steady touch with the skin, such as the electro diagram, blood oxygen meter, and other apps.
Your choice of watches is subjective. We hope you have found our Apple Watch size guide helpful. It is a great idea to have a look at the new Apple Watch details in 2021.